Try the Moroccan flavours in this chicken winner – you'll also love the sweet potato couscous on the side (there's even a dash of orange juice!)
- 800 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 700 g baby sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ cup blanched almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup fresh coriander
- steamed couscous, to serve
- Toss chicken with oil and 1 tblsp of the seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Meanwhile, blend cornflour with ¼ cup of the stock in a large jug. Add juice, remaining stock and remaining seasoning.
- Add stock mixture to pan with sweet potato. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 13 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Return chicken to pan with almonds and sultanas. Cover. Gently boil for a further 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in coriander.
- Serve chicken mixture with couscous.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||48.6 g|
|- Sugars||13.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|