Even Nonna would approve of this traditional Italian dinner – bellissima!
- 375 g spaghetti
- shaved Parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 kg Australian premium beef mince
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 250 g cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 6 drained anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 x 400 g cans canned crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make bolognese sauce, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a stockpot over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil to stockpot with onions, carrots, mushrooms, thyme and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until soft. Add paste and anchovies. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to boil. Gently boil until reduced by half.
- Return beef to pot with tomatoes. Return to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Serve half the bolognese sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan. Reserve remaining bolognese sauce for another recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||95.9 g|
|- Sugars||23.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.1 g|