Move over, chicken schnitzel! This schnitty is a scrumptious take on your favourite weeknight dinner.
- 4 thick pork loin medallions
- 120 g shaved leg ham
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices tasty cheese, quartered
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- plain flour, for dusting
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- mashed potato, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- Butterfly steaks by cutting horizontally through the side to open out flat, without cutting all the way through. Divide ham over one side of each steak. Spread with mustard. Top with sage and cheese. Fold the other half of the pork over filling to enclose.
- Place eggs and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow dishes. Dust pork with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake away excess. One at a time, dip in eggs, then in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan, over a medium heat, to shallowfry. Add pork. Shallow-fry for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Served with mashed potato and steamed green beans (optional).
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|