Half bread, half cake, you'll love this delicious loaf for brunch, afternoon tea, or a snack!
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 free-range eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- Grease a 12cm x 22cm medium loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Mixture may look curdled at this stage. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss sultanas in flour. Add to butter mixture with buttermilk in two batches, folding until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cut into slices.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.5 g|
|- Sugars||37.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|