Versatile meatloaf makes a tasty budget meal that will always be a family favourite!
- ⅓ cup tomato chutney, plus extra to serve
- 100 g packet sliced pancetta
- 200 g packet Danish feta, crumbled
- olive oil spray
- chargrilled sourdough bread, sliced, to serve
- baby rocket, to serve
- 1 kg Australian premium beef mince
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make roll, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spread mixture over a large sheet
of baking paper to form a 25cm x 38cm rectangle
- Spread chutney evenly over beef mixture. Top with pancetta in a single layer. Place feta down the
long side closest to you. Using baking paper as a guide, roll up the beef firmly to enclose feta. Remove paper. Transfer roll to a large oven tray with 1cm to 2cm deep edges lined with baking paper. Spray roll with oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from oven. Spoon cooking juices from tray over roll. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Trim ends. Cut into 12 even slices.
- To serve, top the sourdough with rocket, warm or cold meatloaf roll and extra chutney to taste.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|