For a change, try adding 2 tbsps sliced black or green olives to the salsa for a magical Mediterranean twist!
- 800 g washed potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 700 g uncrumbed veal schnitzels
- mixed salad leaves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup small fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large, shallow microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tblsps water. Cover potatoes with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tblsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make salsa. Combine vinegar with remaining oil in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and basil. Season. Toss to combine.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in two batches. Cool for about 1 minute on each side, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Serve veal with potatoes and salad leaves. Top with bruschetta salsa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|