This caramel slice is even better with cookie dough… delish!
- 450 g refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, chopped, room temperature
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups dark chocolate melts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine dough and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well. Place dough in prepared pan. Using your fingertips, press to cover the base.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until mixture is boiling and turns light golden.
- Remove pan from oven. Pour hot filling over hot base. Smooth over top. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Cool completely in pan
- Melt chocolate with oil in a medium, heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Pour over slice. Smooth over top. Stand at room temperature until set.
- To serve, lift slice out of pan. Cut into 15 squares.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.0 g|
|- Sugars||37.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|