Try these pancakes made with rolled oats – perfect for a fancy-but-simple brekkie or afternoon snack
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup traditional oats
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- cooking oil spray, for greasing
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- sliced fresh strawberries, to serve
- fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and soda in a large bowl
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla in a jug until combined. Add to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Stand the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Heat a greased, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add ¼ cup mixture. Repeat to make three hotcakes.
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute, or until browned. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture. Serve warm hotcakes with yoghurt, strawberries, passionfruit and honey
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.3 g|
|- Sugars||14.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|