Satisfy your caffeine craving by infusing oats and nuts with coffee! This will absolutely change the way you think about granola forever. Top with berries!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 100 ml strong freshly brewed black coffee
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 ml maple syrup
- Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
- blueberries, to garnish
- cacao nibs, to garnish
- milk, to serve
- 8 Medjool dates, halved, pitted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Preheat oven to 120°C fan-forced (140°C conventional). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- To make granola, put oats, almonds, macadamias and pepitas in a large bowl. Pour over hot coffee and stir. Set aside for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Pour over soaked oat mixture and stir well to coat. Spread oat mix on tray in an even layer. Bake, stirring mixture every 15 minutes, for 45 minutes or until dry to touch.
- Meanwhile, to make vanilla dates, put all ingredients in a small saucepan with 80ml water. Bring to a simmer, then immediately remove from heat. Set aside. (You can serve this mixture warm or cold.)
- Put a little granola in serving bowls. Top with yoghurt, blueberries, cacao nibs and vanilla dates. Serve with milk on the side.
The granola will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. If it starts to go a little stale, just pop it back in the oven for 10 minutes or until crisp. The dates will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||120.0 g|
|- Sugars||72.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||15.6 g|