This wok star uses both the coriander root and stem in the sauce, adding terrific Thai-style flavour. The meatballs are just sausages, so are super quick to make.
- 500 g beef sausages
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots and stems washed and finely chopped
- ½ x 450 g fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 carrots, shaved lengthways into long thin ribbons
- 100 g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, shaved
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mint
- ¼ cup Thai basil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- ½ clove garlic, finely grated
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Squeeze sausages from their skins into bite-sized pieces (about 2cm) and roll to make mini meatballs
- Heat a wok over a high heat then pour in 2 teaspoons of the oil and heat until the surface shimmers slightly. Add sausage meatballs and stir-fry for 6 minutes or until sausage is cooked through. Add kecap manis and chopped coriander root and stem. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until glossy and sticky. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok until 180°C or until a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds. Carefully lower a quarter of the noodles into the hot oil and cook for 1 minute or until noodles expand and crisp up. Drain on paper towel and set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Arrange carrots, zucchini, snow peas, radishes, bean sprouts and crispy noodles on a serving platter. Drizzle over half of the dressing, then top with meatballs, shallots, mint, basil and 1⁄4 cup of the coriander leaves. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.9 g|
|- Sugars||13.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|