Add some beef to your salad for a moreish, cafe-style experience that can be eaten as a light main. Pack it up in a lunchbox for a take-to-work meal – delish!
- 2 x 250 g brown rice
- 2 x 220 g beef Scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- 3 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 130 g punnet truss tomatoes, sliced
- 180 g bag mixed leaf salad
- ⅓ cup honey mustard dressing, plus extra for drizzling
- Heat the rice according to directions on the packet. Transfer contents to a large bowl then cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toss the beef in with the seasoning and oil.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, then add in the beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or cook to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, add asparagus to a medium pan of boiling water. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Add asparagus to rice with beef, tomatoes, salad leaves and dressing. Toss the salad well.
- Serve salad with extra dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||99.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|