Try a fantastic poached chicken for a different kind of weeknight meal, drizzled in a delicious roasted sesame dressing and covered with fresh mint leaves.
- 4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150 g green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup roasted sesame dressing, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup fresh mint
- Place chicken in a large, deep frying pan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Place in a large bowl. Cut into shorter lengths using kitchen scissors.
- Boil or microwave beans until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Add chicken, beans and half the onions to noodles. Pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the mint. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide noodle mixture among plates. Top with remaining onions and mint. Serve with extra dressing and lime wedges (optional).
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.6 g|
|- Sugars||0.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|