For something different, you can try adding everyone's favourite avocado before serving. Fusilli is a spiral-shaped pasta, but you can replace it with penne or orecchiette – yum!
- 375 g fusilli pasta
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 425 g can canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the spice mix. Combine remaining spice mix in a large bowl with oil. Rub over corn to coat.
- Heat an oiled, large grill plate (or barbecue flat plate) over medium to high heat. Add corn. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 8–10 minutes, or until charred. Cool. Cut kernels from cobs.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients with reserved spice in a jug.
- Rinse coriander under cold water. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Trim and discard coriander roots. Coarsely chop leaves and stems. Add to pasta with corn, beans, tomatoes, onions and dressing. Toss well. Serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.2 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.4 g|