Using a meat substitute, quorn, this delicious stir-fry is filling as well as flavoursome. It's ready in 25 minutes, so you know it's a winner for future weeknights!
- 350 g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 300 g packet Quorn
- 375 g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into thin strips, sliced
- 4 green spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Separate with a fork. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss through 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add frozen meat-free pieces. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to hot wok with broccoli and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add noodles. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Return meat-free pieces to wok with onions and sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until hot. Serve.
Quorn can be replaced with chicken.
Quorn is a meat-free vegan alternative available in the freezer section. Do not thaw before cooking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||74.0 g|
|- Sugars||14.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.8 g|