Any flavoured sausages can be used in this dish. It's a cook-against-the-clock meal that you can whip up in around 20 minutes. Yay!
- 450 g beef chipolata sausages
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 large green apple, unpeeled, coarsely grated
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- 70 g sachet instant Dutch curry and rice cup soup mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- steamed rice to serve
- Add sausages to a large saucepan of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and apple. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring for a further minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the 3 cups boiling water and simmer soup. Stir until well combined. Bring to boil. Add sausages. Gently
boil for about 7 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve dish with steamed rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|