Chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito popular in Tex-Mex, Southwestern U.S. cuisine. The dish is usually made by filling a flour tortilla with rice, cheese, meat, and then baked or deep-fried
- 250 g packet microwave rice
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast
- 453 g jar thick and chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 green spring onions, chopped
- 2 x 125 g canned corn kernels, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 x 20 cm flour tortillas
- guacamole to serve
- chopped tomato to serve
- sliced green spring onions, to serve
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, salsa, cheese, chopped onions and corn. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas according to packet directions. While still warm, spread tortillas over a clean bench. Divide chicken mixture evenly down the centre. Fold in sides, then roll up from the end closest to you, to enclose filling.
Place on an oven tray lined
with baking paper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 10 minutes, or until light golden and crisp.
- Serve with guacamole, tomato and the sliced spring onions.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.1 g|
|- Sugars||4.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|