Pork or beef mince can be used instead of chicken in this versatile dish. Larb is a type of Lao meat salad that is regarded as the "unofficial" national dish of Laos!
- ½ x 250 g packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 500 g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass paste
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 150 g green beans, trimmed finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Cut into shorter lengths using kitchen scissors.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine juice and sauces in a bowl. Stir in onion. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat an oiled, medium frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken, garlic and paste. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add chicken to noodles with dressing. Stir well. Toss through carrots, beans and coriander
- Serve immediately
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.2 g|
|- Sugars||13.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|