This chicken recipe is perfect because it's complemented by chickpea tabouli (way to up your tabouli game!). Even better, its marinade is deliciously lemony.
- 1.2 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 450 g loaf Turkish bread
- lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 3cm thick slices
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add bread. Cook, turning for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium to high. In two batches, add chicken to same grill plate. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked though. Remove.
- Meanwhile, make tabouli. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- Serve chicken with tabouli, bread, tzatziki and lemon
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|