Looking for a cob loaf recipe? Served with crisp garlic bread pieces, this dip is a moreish treat that everyone will love.
- 1 medium sourdough cobb loaf
- 250 g frozen spinach or kale, thawed
- 250 g block cream cheese, room temperature
- 40 g packet salt-reduced dry French onion soup mix
- 250 g tub sour cream
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh baby carrots to serve
- capsicum cut into strips to serve
- mixed tomatoes to serve
- crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Take a slice from the top of the cob and set aside. Carefully remove the centre of the cob, leaving enough bread around the crust to make a case. Set the soft centre pieces aside.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from the spinach. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add the French onion soup mix, then the sour cream. Fold in the spinach and half the walnuts. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Spoon the dip into the prepared cob and replace the bread lid. Wrap tightly in a double layer of foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until centre is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, take the soft centre pieces of bread and tear into pieces, place into a large bowl. Add olive oil and garlic and toss to coat. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, tossing a few times. Let cool on the tray.
- Transfer the cob to a serving platter and serve with vegetables, crackers and prepared garlic bread pieces. Garnish with remaining walnuts.
To toast walnuts place into a baking tray and bake at 180°C (160°C fan-forced) for 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until nutty in aroma. Allow to cool on the tray.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|