Fill your kitchen with the aromas of sugar, spice, and everything nice! This fresh new recipe is perfect for gift-giving – just divide among gift bags.
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup red sprinkles and green sprinkles to decorate
- 1 Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flours. Stir to form a soft dough. Press into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Scatter over sprinkles. Press into dough and then freeze until firm.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper. Lift the dough out of pan. Cut into 2cm squares. Arrange squares 2cm apart on prepared trays.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to touch. Cool on trays
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.7 g|
|- Sugars||1.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.1 g|