These nutty crescents are perfect for entertaining – just pair one with a cuppa and your afternoon is set!
- 1 cup pistachio kernels
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 free-range egg whites
- 5 drops liquid green food colouring
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp almond liqueur
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Process pistachios in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Do not over-process. Transfer to a large bowl. Add almond meal and caster sugar. Stir to combine.
- Beat egg whites with food colouring in a small bowl of an electric mixer until frothy (before they form soft peaks). Add to pistachio mixture with jam and liqueur. Mix to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time into a 7cm long log, tapering ends slightly. Roll in icing sugar until heavily coated. Shape into a crescent on prepared trays, placing about 2cm apart. Press to flatten slightly.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 20 to 30 minutes or until edges are slightly firm and starting to lightly brown. Remove from oven. Cool completely on trays
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.4 g|
|- Sugars||29.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|