These meaty little bites are ideal for party finger food. Wrapped in bacon and filled with sausage and onion flavour, they're perfect!
- 500 g Italian pork sausage
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme, plus thyme sprigs to garnish
- 6 medium red onions
- 12 streaky bacon rashers
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Remove sausage meat from casings by trimming one end and squeezing out meat into a bowl. Discard casings. Add thyme and salt and pepper to sausage meat. Mix well. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Cut onions in half through the core end. Peel, leaving core intact. Trim rounded side of each half to sit flat.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly onto cut side of onions. Wrap each in bacon. Place in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Brush with half the sauce.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Remove. Brush with remaining sauce. Return to oven. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked. Brush with any pan juices.
- Serve onions garnished with thyme springs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.8 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|