Let this dish set the scene for the Mediterranean menu of the moment. This is a fresh, crunchy take on a Greek classic that dances on the tastebuds.
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g Greek feta
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 green capsicums
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup firmly packed mint
- 60 g wild rocket leaves
- 80 g marinated split green olives
- 1 bunch lettuce, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Combine warm water and sugar in a large bowl until dissolved. Add vinegar, oregano and onion and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Process feta, yoghurt and juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Thinly slice capsicum into rounds, discarding seeds. Add the capsicum, cucumber, mint, rocket and olives to bowl with onion. Toss well to combine.
- Spread lettuce leaves over a serving platter. Drizzle most of the feta dressing over lettuce. Arrange salad on top and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with dill and pomegranate seeds to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|