These are easy and delicious vegies to share with friends and family. This Mediterranean-inspired take on cheesy tomatoes will have everyone wanting more
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80 g of a sourdough bread roll crumbed
- 8 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 200 g coarsely grated halloumi
- ½ cup toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp baby capers, drained
- salt and cracked pepper for seasoning
- olive oil cooking spray
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and sourdough crumbs. Cook, stirring, for about 6 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Cut tops off tomatoes and reserve. Cut a sliver of skin off the bottom so they sit flat. Scoop out tomato flesh and discard or save for another use. Put crumb mixture, haloumi, almonds, thyme and capers in a bowl. Season.
- Firmly pack filling into tomatoes. Place tomatoes close together in a small roasting dish and replace tomato tops. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft. Place on a serving platter. Drizzle with oil and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|