This cheesy chicken delight is a tasty way to eat your greens... It's a dinner for two that will be ready on the table in just over half an hour.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g kale, inner core removed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 60 g free-range egg, lightly whisked
- 40 g grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots,scrubbed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 x 125 g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat
- 120 g green beans, trimmed, steamed, to serve
- 250 g small Carisma potatoes, cut into wedges, steamed, to serve
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- zest ½ lemon
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the kale, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the kale softens. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Stir in the egg and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Line a medium ovenproof dish with baking paper. Place the carrots in the pan and spray with cooking spray. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, make a pocket in the middle of the chicken, not cutting all the way through. Stuff the kale mixture into the middle of the pocket. Use toothpicks to secure the pocket. Heat the remaining oil in the non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
- Add the chicken to the roasting pan with the carrots and continue to roast for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken and cut each chicken breast into two pieces. Place on serving plates along with the roast carrots. Toss the beans and potatoes in a bowl with the parsley, lemon zest and pepper. Divide vegetables between serving plates. Serve.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVE 1830kJ, protein 46g, total fat 17.1g (sat. fat 5.0g) carbs 18g, fibre 12g, sodium 279mg • Carb exchanges 1 • GI estimate low • Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|