It's a bit nutty, a bit juicy, a bit cheesy – and very delicious. Make this a winning salad at your next barbecue
- 6 medium bulbs fresh beetroot
- 1 large red onion
- ⅓ cup whole hazelnuts
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed, torn
- 100 g goat's cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper in a jug. Whisk. Transfer half to a bowl with garlic.
- Peel beetroot bulbs and onion. Cut beetroot and onion into 3cm wedges. Place in a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Pour over garlic dressing. Toss to combine. Season. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 50 minutes, or until tender. Discard foil. Increase temperature to hot (200C). Cook, turning beetroot halfway, for a further 15 minutes, or until caramelised. Remove. Cool.
- Spread hazelnuts over an oven tray. Cook in same hot oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden and skins are blistered. Remove. Wrap nuts in a clean tea towel. Rub through towel to remove skins. Cool. Coarsely chop.
- Combine rocket, beetroot and onion in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|