It's a fabulous homemade gift – treat family and friends to edible goodies everyone will love.
- 3 free-range eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup natural almonds
- Beat eggs, both sugars and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, or until thick and pale. Sift over our and soda. Add almonds. Stir to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn out on to a lightly oured bench. Divide in half. Shape each half into a log-shape, about 30cm in length. Place on a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and rm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool completely on tray.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut into 1cm slices. Arrange in a single layer, cut-side up, on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for about 30 minutes, or until dry and crisp. Remove from oven. Cool completely on trays.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.8 g|
|- Sugars||41.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|