You don't need to miss out on Easter goodies with these deliciously spiced, gluten-free muffins.
- 3.5 cups gluten-free plain flour (595 g)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (150 g)
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsps mixed spice
- 1.5 cups sultanas (300 g)
- 1 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g dairy-free spread, melted
- ½ cup royal icing mixture (80 g)
- 2 tsps water
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (¹/³-cup capacity) with small paper cases.
- Sift combined flour, sugar, baking powder and spice into a large bowl. Stir through sultanas. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium jug. Stir into flour mixture with melted spread until combined. Divide mixture among paper cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand for 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make cross, combine royal icing mixture and water in a small bowl. Place in a snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag. Snip tip to make a 3mm hole. Pipe crosses onto muffins. Leave at room temperature until set.
Try replacing sultanas with mixed dried fruit for a change.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.7 g|
|- Sugars||35.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|