Roasting the pumpkin brings out its flavour before turning it into a creamy pasta sauce.
- 1 kg kent pumpkin peeled
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tblsps olive oil (40 mls)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock (250 mls)
- 300 ml tub light cooking cream
- ⅔ cup finely grated parmesan (70 g)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 625 g packet spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ bunch fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Remove and discard seeds from pumpkin. Cut into 3cm pieces.
- Combine pumpkin with onion, garlic and oil in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until tender. Cool.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender with stock. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a stockpot with cream, parmesan and nutmeg. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Add pasta to sauce with spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|