- Serves 8
There's nothing quite like slow-cooked bolognese sauce to bring family to the table.
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 1 kg pork and veal mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsps dried italian herbs
- dry red wine (125 mls)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 jars tomato pasta sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano leaves plus extra to serve
- 500 g spaghetti cooked to serve
- 50 g shaved Parmesan to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add the mince to the frying pan in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Transfer the cooked mince to a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in same large frying pan. Add onion, carrot, garlic and herbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Transfer to the slow cooker with tomatoes, sauce and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves.
- Serve bolognese over cooked spaghetti and top with parmesan. Garnish with extra oregano.
Cook: Low 7-8 hours, High 4-5 hours.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.2 g|
|- Sugars||19.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.3 g|