- Serves 8
Warm up a winter weekend with this gorgeous, syrupy pudding.
- ½ cup golden syrup (125 ml) plus extra to serve
- 150 g unsalted butter chopped, at room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar (170 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour (240 g)
- milk (80 ml)
- 1 carton prepared custard
- Lightly grease a pudding steamer (2-litre, 8-cup capacity). Cut out an 18cm circle from a sheet of baking paper and set aside. Pour syrup into steamer.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add flour and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Spoon mixture into steamer. Place baking paper circle on top. Cover with steamer lid.
- Place steamer in a large stockpot with enough boiling water to come halfway up side of steamer. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to boil, boil gently for about 1½ hours, or until pudding is cooked when tested. Replenish with boiling water as necessary to maintain water level.
- Carefully remove steamer from pan. Remove lid. Discard paper. Stand for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle with extra golden syrup. Serve warm with vanilla bean custard.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.9 g|
|- Sugars||42.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|