Packed with vegies, this simple fried rice makes a fabulous mid-week meal. It's even quicker if you can use left over rice
- 1 cup brown long-grain rice
- olive oil spray
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 green spring onions thinly sliced plus extra to serve
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tblsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tblsps tamari
- 200 g thinly sliced deli-style light ham cut into thin strips
- 125 g packet baby corn cut diagonally into 1cm pieces
- 500 g cooked prawns peeled
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain well. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to an oven tray. Spread to cover. Refrigerate until cold.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Spray with oil. Add eggs. Quickly swirl wok to make a thin, large omelette. Cook for 1 minute. Flip. Cook for 30 seconds. Roll up. Transfer to a chopping board. Thinly slice.
- Reheat wok until hot. Spray with oil. Add ham, onions, garlic, ginger, corn and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice, prawns and peas. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Add omelette strips and tamari. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Serve garnished with green spring onions.
For a vegie option, omit ham and replace prawns with firm tofu cut into 3cm cubes.
Cook rice the day before and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.0 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|