Zesty, spicy, crispy, succulent... tantalising low-GI fare that’s as flavoursome as it is colourful.
- 4 x 150 g pieces skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 long red chillies, halved lengthways, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
Carrot and Orange Salad
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, coarsely grated (or use a spiraliser or julienne peeler)
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 small orange
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- To make harissa, put chilli, garlic, coriander, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice in a small food processor, or use a hand-held blender with a bowl attachment. Process until mixture becomes a fine paste.
- Put half the harissa and salmon in a shallow dish. Rub harissa over salmon. Cover. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, to make carrot and orange salad, put carrot, chickpeas, zest, juice, garlic, pepper and oil in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop (you can do this for up to 4 hours before serving). Add mint and coriander just before serving. Toss.
- Preheat a flat chargrill plate or a large non-stick frying pan to medium. Spray each side of salmon with cooking spray. Add salmon to grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide salad between serving plates. Top with salmon and serve.
PER SERVE 1743kJ, protein 41g, total fat 21g (sat. fat 5g), carbs 13g, fibre 5.8g, sodium 238mg.
Carb exchanges 1.
GI estimate low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.9 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|