Roll up for filled pasta pipes of pleasure and tasty toppings. There’s delight in every bite.
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 500 g chicken breast mince
- 75 g (3 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 250 g low-fat ricotta
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 6 x 47 g Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 750 ml bottle Passata
- 4 cups mixed garden salad, to serve
- 2 x 30 g slices Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Spray a 3L (12 cup) rectangular ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add water, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until leek is very soft. Increase heat to high and cook until all water is absorbed. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until mince is just cooked. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make garlic crumbs, put bread, garlic and sage in a food processor. Process until coarse crumbs form. Stir in remaining oil. Spread mixture over prepared tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, turning twice, until crumbs are golden brown. Set aside.
- Stir spinach, ricotta and egg into mince mixture. Season with pepper. Lay lasagne sheets on a clean surface. Cut each into 3 even pieces. With a long side of each piece facing you, divide filling between pieces. Roll up to enclose. Arrange tubes in prepared dish, stacking them in 2 layers. Pour passata over the tubes. Cover with a piece of baking paper, then a piece of foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pasta is tender. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle garlic crumbs over cannelloni and serve with salad.
For a mixed garden salad, you can use salad leaves, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and carrot.
PER SERVE 2275kJ,
protein 46g, total fat
14g (sat. fat 4.7g),
carbs 53g, fibre 5g,
• Carb exchanges 3½.
• GI estimate low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.3 g|
|- Sugars||14.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|