This thriller from the griller is a tummy filler! And the zesty topping is a happening tang.
- 150 g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 tbsp water
- 125 g piece skinless, boneless salmon
- 6 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lemon cut into wedges to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp capers in vinegar, drained, finely chopped
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue chargrill to medium-high. Put sweet potato slices in a shallow microwave dish. Add water. Cover and cook on high/100% for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Spray salmon, sweet potato and asparagus with cooking spray. Add salmon and sweet potato to chargrill. Cook sweet potato for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred. Cook salmon for 2 minutes on each side for medium. Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender.
- To make salsa verde, put all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Put sweet potato, salmon and asparagus on a serving plate. Spoon salsa verde over salmon. Serve with a lemon wedge, if you like.
PER SERVE 1910kJ, protein 43g, total fat 18.4g (sat. fat 4.4g), carbs 26g, fibre 6.5g, sodium 502mg.
Carb exchanges 1¾.
GI estimate low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.2 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|