For a cheesy snack in a snap, these rolls will squash any hunger pangs.
- 2 small block loaves white bread
- 80 g butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Fine salt, to season
- Preheat oven grill to high. Using a bread knife, remove all crusts from loaves. Cut bread lengthways into 12 thin slices. Using a rolling pin, gently flatten slices. Spread with ¹⁄³ of the butter and mustard. Combine cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle over bread. Starting at 1 short end, roll up bread, enclosing cheese. Spread rolls with another ¹⁄³ of the butter.
- Put rolls on an oven tray and put under grill. Cook for 5 minutes, turn over, then cook for a further 5 minutes or until toasted on all sides. Spread with remaining butter, season with salt and serve.
Try adding shaved ham or finely diced onion.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|