Infused with mint, each bite packs a light and zesty zing of flavour.
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch mint, leaves torn
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 bunch coriander to garnish
- Combine chickpeas, zucchini, onion and mint in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Sift flour and curry powder into a second large bowl, then add eggs and milk. Stir to combine. Add batter to chickpea mixture and stir until smooth. Season.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Form ¼ cup patties of chickpea mixture and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until set.
- Meanwhile, put yoghurt and tahini in a serving bowl and swirl together. Top with coriander leaves. Serve fritters with yoghurt tahini mixture.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|