This fresh alternative to the traditional burger will grab your tastebuds hook, line and sinker!
- 1 cup aioli
- 1 tsp sumac plus extra to serve
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 8 flathead fillets
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked, to serve
- 1 lemon cut into wedges to serve
- Put aioli, sumac, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl and stir to combine. Cover and put in fridge.
- Preheat barbecue hotplate or a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Preheat barbecue grill or a grill pan over a medium-high heat.
- Put fish on a large plate and season. Brush with ½ of the oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cut loaf into 4 hamburger bun-sized pieces and split each in half horizontally. Brush cut side of each piece with remaining oil. Grill on both sides until lightly toasted.
- To assemble, divide lettuce among 4 pieces of toasted bread. Top with fish and a large dollop of aioli mixture, then scatter over onion. Scatter over coriander leaves and a sprinkle over extra sumac. Sandwich with remaining bread and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|