Fluffy cake and gooey caramel meet crunchy walnuts to make this slice of heaven.
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 350 g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 26 x 16cm slice tin and line base and sides with baking paper. Put 225g of the butter and ½ cup of the sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and stir to combine. Press mixture evenly into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Put remaining butter and remaining sugar in a medium heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Stir until butter is melted. Add condensed milk and honey and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until a thick caramel forms. Remove from heat, add walnuts. Stir to combine. Pour caramel over base. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour over melted chocolate and spread to coat. Chill for 3 hours. Cut into squares. Serve chilled.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.9 g|
|- Sugars||24.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|