This easy pasta bake with chicken is perfect for a midweek meal
- 250 g dried macaroni pasta
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g diced short-cut bacon
- 500 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- 2 cups chopped barbecued chicken meat
- Extra ½ cup shredded tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook 250g dried macaroni pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water following pack instructions. Drain well and return to pan. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add 200g diced short-cut bacon. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until lightly browned, then add 500g jar Dolmio Basil Pasta Sauce and stir to combine.
- Add to pasta with 1 cup shredded tasty cheese and 2 cups chopped barbecued chicken meat, then stir to combine. Spoon into a large baking dish and top with an extra ½ cup shredded tasty cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top. Serve with a green salad on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|