Looking for an entree you can pull together in five minutes flat? Our prawn cocktail is just the ticket
- 600 g cooked medium king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp minced horseradish
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 head witlof
- 1 baby cos lettuce finely shredded
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 lemon cut into wedges to serve
- Set aside 8 prawns. Remove tails from remaining prawns. Finely chop prawns and put in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and cayenne pepper, then stir to combine.
- Remove 12 leaves from witlof and divide between 4 cocktail glasses. Put cos lettuce and olive oil in a bowl, season, then toss to combine. Divide lettuce mixture and prawn mixture evenly between cocktail glasses. Top each with 2 reserved prawns and lemon wedges to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||2.7 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|