- Serves 4
A simple marinade and long, slow cooking means these lamb ribs literally fall off the bone.
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mint
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1.4 kg lamb ribs
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup chilli sauce to serve
- 1 cos lettuce for a salad to serve
- Combine garlic, oregano, mint, oil, zest and juice in a small bowl, then rub all over lamb ribs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Put ribs on a wire rack set over a roasting pan. Season generously. Add water, cover with foil and roast for 2½-3 hours or until tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Heat a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat and sear ribs for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly blackened. Serve with chilli sauce and cos salad on the side.
For a quick cos salad to go with these ribs, simply combine cos lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes and cucumber ribbons in a bowl and toss with a little Italian dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||40.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|