Luscious sauteed bananas are topped with a creamy caramel honey sauce. More, please!
- 1 tbsp light margarine
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp light thickened cream
- 1 tbsp low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt, whisked until smooth
- Put margarine, honey and cinnamon in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook until honey and margarine melt and the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add banana to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until banana is golden brown. Transfer banana to a serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Add cream to pan and stir until well combined. Pour sauce over banana. Drizzle with yoghurt. Serve.
PER SERVE 471kJ,
protein 1.3g, total fat 4.7g (sat. fat 1.9g), carbs 16g, fibre 1.3g, sodium 27mg.
• Carb exchanges 1.
• GI estimate low.
• Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.0 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|