A wonderful salad topped with chicken and feta cheese, then brought together with a hearty gravy dressing.
- 4 slices rustic bread, cut into 2 cm cubes (we used sourdough)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- 6 cups mixed salad leaves
- 2 cups sliced or shredded roasted chicken
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup leftover gravy
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non- stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bread cubes, garlic and season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until browned all over. Set aside to cool slightly. Discard garlic.
- Divide salad leaves between serving plates. Top with chicken, feta, onion and croutons. Drizzle with Gravy Dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together ¼ cup leftover gravy, 2 teaspoons honey, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|