This steamed chicken dish comes with a variety of Asian-inspired ingredients, such as coconut, lime and chilli. An excellent blend of flavours!
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- juice 1 large lime
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup light coconut cream
- 8 chicken lovely legs
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 bunch of broccolini, trimmed
- Place the chopped chillies, garlic, lime juice, coriander, fish sauce, coconut cream and ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper in a food processor or blender and process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl, add chicken and well to coat.
- Cut 4 sheets of baking paper so each piece is 60cm long, then fold in half. Place two chicken legs into the centre of each piece of baking paper with some marinade. Fold baking paper firmly to form a parcel, then secure with kitchen string.
- Half fill a saucepan with a steamer insert with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add the chicken parcels and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1hr or until the chicken is cooked through and tender, topping up the saucepan with boiling water when needed.
- Remove chicken and rest for 10 min. Use the steamer to steam the vegetables while the chicken rests. Divide chicken parcels and vegetables between plates. Garnish with lime wedges and sliced red capsicum or chilli if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|