A healthy dish featuring baked salmon and herbs with a zesty mustard sauce. Serve with broccoli and rice salad.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 x 120 g skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- broccoli and brown rice salad to serve (see below)
Broccoli and brown rice salad
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 200 g punnet halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups steamed small broccoli florets
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a baking tray. Place herbs, capers, anchovies and mustard into a small food processor and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add lime juice and 1 tablespoon
olive oil, until combined.
- Place salmon on the baking tray and season with black pepper. Spread herb mixture over salmon.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 min. Divide the Broccoli & Brown Rice Salad between plates, top with salmon. Garnish with lime cheeks.
- For broccoli and brown rice salad: Whisk one tablespoon each balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with pepper. Add 1 cup cooked brown rice, 200g punnet halved grape tomatoes and 2 cups steamed small broccoli florets. Toss well to combine. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|