Japanese bento boxes are like normal boxed lunches, but healthier and much more interesting. Try this teriyaki bento and make your coworkers jealous!
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat, cut into thirds
- ⅓ cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice, cooled
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the chicken and teriyaki marinade and sauce in a bowl. Set aside for 5 min.
- Heat 2 teaspoons rice-bran oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, reserving marinade, and cook for 2 min each side. Add reserved marinade, cover, cook for a further 3-5 min or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and let cool. Cut into slices. Chill until required.
- Using slightly wet hands, divide rice into 8 portions and roll into ball shapes. To serve, place 2 rice balls into each lunch box, along with a quarter of the chicken. Sprinkle rice with sesame seeds. Serve with steamed blanched vegetables and sliced fruit. Serve with extra teriyaki sauce if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||82.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|