A fruit and nut lover's cheesecake - fresh apricots and almonds come together to make this moreish dessert.
- 400 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 250 g light cream cheese
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 8 small fresh apricots quartered
- ⅓ cup apricot jam warmed
- ½ cup flaked almonds toasted
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm springform pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg, beat until combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place apricot quarters on top. Bake for 45-50 min, until just set. Turn off oven. Leave the cheesecake to cool for at least 4 hours in oven with the door ajar. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a serving plate. Brush top and sides with jam. Gently press the flaked almonds onto sides. Serve with reduced fat yoghurt.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.2 g|
|- Sugars||16.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|