- Serves 20
This cake is super moist and very yummy! You could use cranberry, apple or pomegranate juice in place of the orange juice.
- 1 kg dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups pure fresh orange juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place fruit into a large glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Pour over the orange juice and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Line the base of a 20cm round cake pan with 2 layers of baking paper and spray sides with cooking spray. Remove fruit from fridge and add the flour and cinnamon, mixing until well combined. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hr 30 min until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove and cool completely in the pan. Spread with apricot jam, top with toasted almonds and dust with icing sugar if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.3 g|
|- Sugars||30.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|