This banana and pecan bread is best enjoyed lightly grilled, buttered and with an afternoon cuppa!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
- ⅔ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 large banana, halved lengthways
- Fresh ricotta and honey, to serve
- Grease a large 11.5cm x 20cm straight-sided loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 3cm above the sides of the pan.
- Combine the sifted flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, chia seeds and half the pecans. Add milk, eggs and mashed banana. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Top with halved banana.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into thick slices. Serve with ricotta and honey.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.2 g|
|- Sugars||18.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|